Thursday, October 6, 2011

What Today May Bring


“Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring.” Proverbs 27:1 NIV

Each day I receive a Bible verse on my phone. This was today’s verse. This verse could not been more appropriate than at this point in my life. For over a month, my father has been very ill and in the hospital. A week ago, he appeared to be on the mend and we made plans for his release to a physical therapy center so he could re-build his strength. I spent the entire day planning with him. However, late that night I received a call that he had gone into respiratory arrest and was in critical condition. Within 24 hours, we were talking about whether he could survive the night.

As the week went by, we continued to have faith and continued to pray for God’s will in my father’s life and strength and peace in our own. The doctors explained that I needed to make a decision about keeping him on life support because he wasn’t getting any better. We made a decision to remove it on Saturday. Within a day, he was breathing on his own, sitting up talking, eating and catching up on what he had missed all week. Words cannot express the gratitude that I have for God for allowing me to have more time with my dad, whether it’s one day or 10 years. I will take whatever time I can have and be thankful for it. I choose this photo because it reminds me to slow down, take in the colors that God provides for us and enjoy life with those that matter.

Teri-Kai
Websites: www.gardenseedlings.com and www.carcampingnow.com
Other Posts By Teri: Macro Photography and On the Lake

Interested in contributing to Picture our World?

No comments:

Post a Comment