Friday, September 16, 2011

Ever Tried Macro Photography

New bud on tree in the spring
If you search the internet, you will see a variety of photography, much of it landscapes or distance shots. I find those photos absolutely stunning, and I always tell myself I am going to focus more on the landscape photography. However, it is the close ups, or “macro photography” that I continue to find myself drawn to. The details in nature drive my passion. It’s where I feel closest to God and it’s where I spend most of my time when I am out photographing this incredible world. Many people believe you need special cameras and lenses for macro shots. Well, it helps but you can start with any decent camera that has a zoom lens. Try experimenting by zooming in close on any flower or leaf. Steady your shot with a tripod. After you have a few shots, download them and look to make sure they are sharp and clear. Is the lighting ok? You may have to work at it a bit and if you find that your camera just will not work, start saving, a little at a time for a nicer camera. You can do research on a decent camera while you are saving. Nikon is my preference but both Nikon and Canon have some affordable SLRs that produce exceptional quality images.


By Teri Kai


Interested in contributing to Picture our World?

No comments:

Post a Comment