Monday, October 31, 2011

Brown Anoles and the Meaning of Life

Brown Anole or Cuban Anole
The Brown Anole is a native to Cuba and considered an invasive species in the US. This picture was taken outside my apartment in Florida. He is a cute and quick little guy. I doubt that he is aware that he is not wanted. To him the world is just bug and branches; sticks and stones. Oh to be oblivious to the implications of our existence, oh wait sadly most of us are.

Thought this ignorance is bliss for an animal of limited cognitive capacities, I find comfort in knowing: Who I am, Where I came from, and Where I am going. There is a child's song called, "I am a Child of God"(free mp3) sung by members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints. It succinctly states, "I am a Child of God and he has sent me here... teach me all that I must do, to live with him some day." Those few short phrases respond to questions posed by men searching for meaning for centuries all contained in a child's Sunday school song.

By Joshua Kirton

More on life: Family Focus

No comments:

Post a Comment